[Koha-devel] Author field problem

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed May 14 06:57:20 CEST 2003

Lerenard Michel wrote:

>Hello
>
>My question is: is there another unimarc field reserved for the author
>name ?

Hi Michel,

You've just done your 1st bugreport :-)

It should be 200$a
Note the 700$a could be used too.
The main difference is :
* the 200$a is the form as it appears on the physical book.
* the 700$a is the authority form.
It can be different in 2 cases :
-> bug during printing of the book. (very rare, but can occur)
-> various names of the author. In this case, the 700$a is the
"authority" form, the "standard" form if you prefer.
Example :
John Paul 2 (the pope) is known at least under 3 names : Jean Paul II,
Karol Wojtila (sorry for polish ppl, it's surely badly written), and
another one I don't remember (he wrote some poems & theater under this
one when he was a youing priest). In a "good" library, only one is used
in 700$a.

Note : for UNIMARC questions, the best is to ask the french list, (in
french :-) ). You can subscribe at www.koha-fr.org

--
Paul POULAIN