[Koha-devel] release dates?

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Nov 6 00:10:08 CET 2003

Rachel Hamilton-Williams wrote:

>>On 2003-11-05 09:11:38 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>>

>>>I would like to add biblio deletion before releasing the next version.
>>>

>>I would like to have this working, but not restructured. I have been
>>told that state-funded UK libraries may need to keep records of
>>deleted books until their next audit. I am trying to get more details
>>about this.
>>

>Koha currently moves things to a "deleted" table is that right?  Are you
>talking about a purge of that table, or really deleting things instead of
>making the move, or just making that move?  I think we would agree that
>biblios shouldn't be deleted off disk as a matter of course unless basically
>people are running out of disk space, or wish to purge.
>
>If I was to take a stab, I'd think that biblios shouldn't be "really deleted"
>for a year, for exactly the sort of reasons that MJR mentions

I mean :
For instance, nothing is deleted in MARC-DB. And you can't delete from
MARC view of the biblio. That's trully a problem :-)
I plan to :
* write MARCdelbiblio & MARCdelitem
* write NEWdelbiblio & NEWdelitem
* modify OLDdelbiblio & OLDdelitem to delete MARC stuff too
* add a column (blob) in deletedbiblio => the MARC version of the biblio
will be stored in this field. Same for items.

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN