[Koha-devel] xml

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Oct 6 01:54:03 CEST 2003

MJ Ray wrote:

> Finally, using xml display technologies: xml, xslt, etc.  A nightmare
> IMO.  Don't even go there with koha.  I've been there before and am
> not keen to go back.  Full XSLT is apparently turing-complete and it
> seems really dangerous not being able to tell a template from an
> infinite loop.  If people really want to do this, let them use XML
> output from koha and reformat it.

iirc, chris suggested a Perl XSLT engine when we had to choose our tools
for 2.0.0 He thought it was a "heavy idea", so was not very enthousiastic.
I tried to install the tool, but never succeded.
The conclusion was :
- it's a complex solution for developpers
- it's a nightmare solution for users
=> it's not our solution
:-)

--