[Koha-devel] circulation broken in pre5

robweir at alum.drexel.edu robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Tue Oct 28 20:09:31 CET 2003

Hi all:
In preparing a windows release of pre5, I note that circulation appears to
be broken in pre5. When trying to bring up circulation, I get an apache
internal error 500. The apache error log shows:

[Tue Oct 28 22:25:07 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: circulation.pl, referer:
http://intranet/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
[Tue Oct 28 22:25:07 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] HTML::Template->new()
: Syntax error in <TMPL_*> tag at
C:\usr\koha200pre5\intranet\htdocs\intranet-tmpl\default\en\circ\circulation
.tmpl : 80. at C:/usr/site/lib/HTML/Template.pm line 2243., referer:
http://intranet/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl

I get the same error using both default en and default fr templates. I get
the same error with either perl 5.6 or 5.8. Have there been any changes in
the required perl modules?

If I copy circulation.tmpl from the pre4 release the error goes away and the
page displays properly. However, I know you've been working on circulation
templating, and I suspect the older version of circulation.tmpl will not
work properly with the newer release. I did a diff of the two file versions,
but differences are drastic enough, I'm not going to be able to figure it
out.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this before I build the windows install
package? I am testing with the default settings of simple acqusitions, MARC
yes, MARC21, and default english themes and templates.

Thanks! I appreciate the good job you guys are doing!

Rob