[Koha-devel] Duplicate items in MARC tables

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Apr 13 01:49:02 CEST 2004

Baiju M a écrit :

>Hi,
>    When I imported some MARC records to Koha using bulkmarcimport.pl
>(I am using Koha 2.0.0) I get duplicate items in MARC tables (items just
>doubles in 'marc_subfield_table', but not in 'items' table)
>
>See 952 'p' & 'u' repeats and 'u' not only repeats it gets one more value.
>
>Now, I just started looking to source codes. When I looked into bulkmarcimport.pl
>I found the last for loop creates this problem :
>                for (my $i=0;$i<=$#items;$i++) {
>                        NEWnewitem($dbh,$items[$i],$bibid);
>                 }
>When I just commented this for loop, the problem in 'marc_subfield_table' got fixed.
>But then, there was no items in 'items' table.
>If this is really a bug, will try to fix it myself. Could anyone give any pointer?

2 questions :
* could you show us your iso2709 file ?
Use dumpmarc.pl script in misc directory (with bulkmarcimport). It can
be a "problem" in your iso2709 file.
* how did you set you MARC21 parameters tables ?

>Now I am trying to explore it more, here is some other clues I got.
>
>So, I think NEWnewbiblio cannot use in bulkmarcimport.pl as in the case of addbiblio.pl
>Atleast it should have a parameter not to add 952 fields(?)

Here may be the solution :
the bulkmarcimport script splits your marc data in 2 parts : biblio & items.
The items are found using your MARC setup. so, if 952 is not "mapped" to
items, it won't work well.

HTH, let us know

--
Paul POULAIN