[Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User interfase

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Aug 10 00:28:05 CEST 2004

Andres Tarallo wrote:

> I'm currently working on a project to migrate our Isis Library System
> to Koha. As part of our migration tasks we have to translate to
> Spanish the USER interfase, the People working in Argentina (at SIU)
> in this area pointed me to their work.

great

> I've noticed that in the config file I can't specify a "Default
> Language" for the User Interfase, but I've noticed that there are
> Language especific directories (ie
> koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/default/en).  Koha will take into
> account the preferred language for the browser and act acordingly?

iirc no (not a bug, but a feature)

> Even tough there are translations to vasrious languajes it seems to
> me  that they aren't integrated to the main tree. I want to contribute
> my work to the main tree,  are ther any plans to integrate to the tree
> the trasnlations?

The plan here is quite simple : if you do a translation, ask for a
sourceforge account or send me the file (if it's for 2.2 future release)
& i'll add it. (Note translators are added to the "about" page, so they
become famous all around the world ;-) )

> Thanks, forgive my poor written english.

nice to see i'm not the only one :-D

--
Paul POULAIN