[Koha-devel] Dates in Koha's RSS

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 12 07:45:05 CEST 2004

On 2004-08-11 14:24:38 +0100 Owen Leonard
<oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us> wrote:

>> use POSIX;
>> # some other stuff
>> $date = strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ",gmtime());
> Thanks.  Stephen sent me an RSS 2.0-compliant example yesterday
> off-list, and
> I'll be adding the version 2.0 template to CVS today.  I'll try yours
> for the
> 1.0 version (although I'm not convinced there's much advantage to 1.0
> over
> 2.0)

I'm not surprised he kept that quiet, given my public views on it ;-)
RSS 2.0 is a rogue fork not endorsed by the RSS Working Group. Support
for it borders on harmful IMO. Do I need to make the case for
community-developed standards based on dublin core metadata, RDF and
other stuff librarians usually like?

>> I look forward to hearing about RSS 1.0 support :-)
> I figured that bargain would appeal to you.  I wonder what I'd have
> to offer
> to get something like, say, Bug 437 done?

That one would take me some time to get up to speed with 2.1 and learn
the relevant code. I can't see me doing it for a while. I hope you're
rewarded for developing RSS 1.0 in another way.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast