[Koha-devel] Problem with upgrading and specify backup directory

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Wed Dec 8 07:25:02 CET 2004

Heihei,

> Are you sure you run the updater as a user with enough permissions ?

Well, I was first user klaus and I have permissions to write in the directory
I gave under "Please specify a directory to store the backup in", but the
updater didn't took that directory, but always wanted to write in the default
location: [/usr/local/backups] where I had no rights. I have then tried as
root and then it worked, but it wrote the backup in /usr/local/backups and
not in the folder I gave.

Oh, the messages "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
Install.pm line 2117, <STDIN> line 5." were another problem, because I have
my koha config not in /etc, but I changed a line in the updater script and
then this message disasspeared. Is it possible to add a command line
parameter for the updater where I can give the path to the config file?
Thanks ;))

> what happends if you add just after :
> my $answer =
> showmessage(getmessage('BackupDir',[$backupdir]),'free',$backupdir);
> (in line 2089)
> $backupdir = $answer;

Yes, that fixed this problem! ;))

Regards,