[Koha-devel] Somemore koha.upgrade problems

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Fri Dec 10 13:06:06 CET 2004

Hei,

I am still trying to upgrade to 2.2.0RC4 with the koha.upgrade script but it
seems that there are several things not working. I will try to present some
of the things I have noticed:

1. Wrong version number
"WELCOME TO THE KOHA UPGRADER
You are attempting to upgrade from Koha 2.2.0RC4 to ."

The version number is wrong. "2.2.0RC4" should be after "to" and before should
be the old version number. I think the problem is in line 17 of the updater
skript, because you take the kohaversion from 'cat koha.version' and this
file is in the RC4 source folder, so it is the new version number, but it is
used in line 26 as first argument and 'newversion' seems to be empty. I think
in line 17 it should be "newversion" and you need to take the old version
number from the config file, but in my koha.conf the version number is empty.
*hmmmmm*

2. Under "INSTALLING FILES"
at the end of the copying I get this message:
"Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at Install.pm line
1655."
Well, I am not sure what is the problem there and if this is related with my
last problem.

3. "MARC FIELD DEFINITIONS"
I am choosing the default "Marc21" and then I get this message:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'bibliotek at localhost' (Using password: NO)
User and host names are right, but there should be a password. In the
koha.conf is the password, but I don't know why it is not used.

Sorry, I cannot give so much help with Perl at the moment. I have just worked
once short with Perl quite some time ago, but not really much and I think it
will take some time before I get in it.

Regards,
Klaus

--