[Koha-devel] Documentation correction

Gerry Arthus garthus at lilrc.org
Wed Dec 29 10:27:02 CET 2004

If this can be added to the documentation it may save some work, I have
decided to use Debian for My Koha ionstallation, to many problems with
redhaT.

Gerry

    Installing Koha 2.0RC4 On Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 "stable" (woody)

      Joshua Ferraro

Several of Perl's extended module libraries are available via the Debian
packaging system. We can install those using the *apt-get* utility as
follows:

     koha:/# apt-get install libdbi-perl
     koha:/# apt-get install libdbd-mysql-perl
     koha:/# apt-get install libdate-manip-perl
     koha:/# apt-get install libhtml-template-perl
     koha:/# apt-get install libmail-sendmail-perl

          /Must add/

          / koha:/# apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev/

          /
          Without the development libraries there is a problem
          installing the NET::LDAP module, it cannot find the
          mysql_config file/

Now of course the real question is how to install Debian for the
inexperienced. Since I have given up on the Redhat kernal and decided to
go full open source with Debian I noticed that one can install Knoppix
running from the CDROM and then do a harddrive install which give three
choices one of which is Debian installation, this solves the
configuration problems often associated with drivers and installing
Debian the usual way. I will refine this document with my installation
experiences and see about posting at the docs site.

Gerry

Gerry Arthus

Systems Administrator:

Long Island Library Resources Council

SUNY at Stony Brook

Stony Brook, New York

US          11794-3399

Phone: 1-631-632-6652

FAX: 631-632-6662

Home: 631-289-7565

Email: garthus at lilrc.org

Professor:

Departments of:

Graduate Computer Engineering, Earth and Environmental Science, and
Engineering Management

C.W. Post Campus of Long Island University

720 Northern Boulevard

Brookville, New York

US 11548-1300

Phone: 516-299-2293