[Koha-devel] fedora core installation and missing stuff

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Feb 6 06:24:37 CET 2004

Benedykt P. Barszcz wrote:

> Hi Group,

Hiu Benedikt,

> I've just installed Koha-2.0.0RC3 and I am impressed...
> Fedora Core missed all the modules required by Koha but they could
> easily be added via rpms available at sourceforge and from
> www.indexdata.dk/yaz. The only thingy that I needed to add from
> cpan.org was the perl-HTML::Tree module which is requred by the
> translator script v.2.0. It was available there in version 3.18 or so.

And I don't think this module should be tested by Koha installer, as
it's a 100% developer need.

> Now a question: could anyone give me a hint how to launch tmpl_process
> PROPERLY so I get a USEABLE (sutable for translation) file:
> opac.pl_PL? Usable meaning without all the fuss of type:
> bgcolor="#ffffcc">    *****.

I think i'm the only person how could.
And i' can't. They are generated byt HTML::Tree that see <!--
TMPL_something --> like a comment and is sometimes confused.
The solution is to modify the english template when you find the one
that created the problem.
For example, in checkbox :
<input type="checkbox" <TMPL_IF name="button">checked</TMPL_IF>
class="somethingelse"> confuses a LOT HTML::Tree. and generates a
"class="somethingelse">" entry in the translation file.

Replace by :
<TMPL_IF name="button">
<input type="checkbox" checked>
<TMPL_ELSE
<input type="checkbox">
</TMPL_IF>

and the line disappear.

> I am confused about --exlude, LIMITED, and IGNORE flags.

i'm on irc if you want some help now.

> It should be obvious that such an extraction of strings from the
> english version is all the same for every other language...

You're right.
feel free to use opac.fr & intranet.fr as a starter. they both have the
needed LIMITED; and IGNORE flags.

NB : I've just commited many modifs in english intranet templates (to
solve some problems with translators) Update your local copy.

--
Paul POULAIN