[Koha-devel] Koha 2.0.0 release date

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Feb 26 02:03:09 CET 2004

Hi dev,

The next release will be called "2.0.0", without anything after.
"Why" may you ask ? For at least 2 reasons :
* The 2.0.0RCx is used in at least 10 libraries around the world.
* Here in France, ppl speak of Koha 2.0.0 as "it will provide full MARC
support", "it will do...", "it will be...". This future has to be
removed : "Koha 2.0.0RCx provide MARC support".

So, i'll call the next release 2.0.0
The date ? When polish & chinese translations are ready.

I also plan to change a little my release notes. The "bug fixed" will
have only bugs fixed. The "improvement" will include a warning.
/BUGS FIXED:
major :
* #662 : missed prepare(?) in supplier.pl
* french only : fixed total cost calculation bug in order line (due to
translation error)
* #436 : circulation.pl partially templated
* #606 : ***** PORT FROM HEAD BEFORE RELEASE
* #679 : OPAC doesn't allow linking of subject headings

minor :
* isbnsearch now shows correctly the total number of books in DB
* value_builder textarea dropped to 5 lines instead of 10
* 20 values in authorised_value admin screen instead of only 5
* opac, css template : inputs now in light blue, to see them better.
Added 5px bottom margin & fixed a bug in IE
* fixed bad management of ' in supplier title
* request link not shown if item is notforloan
* branchcode field max size set to 4 in editor , as in the DB (was 3)
* #719 : input box too short for Library name in syspreferences

IMPROVEMENTS :
FEATURES HERE ARE CONSIDERED AS "NEW". They seem to work, but are for
the 1st time in a public release.
* printing the biblio is now possible from the item screen
* POLISH translation
* CHINESE translation/

--
Paul POULAIN