z3950 client problem - was: RE: [Koha-devel] Thot parle de vous

Sullivan,Deric [CMC] Deric.Sullivan at ec.gc.ca
Thu Feb 26 09:22:06 CET 2004

Hi,

	What version of Perl do you guys use.  I get a problem with z3950
and I'm using Perl 5.8.x (x=1 I think) on a Fedora Core 1 system.  A system
such as Red Hat 7.3 uses (by default I think) perl 5.6.1.  The man page for
"perlfork" with 5.8 says "...fork() emulation has considerably matured...",
while on 5.6.1 it says "...continues to be an experimental feature...".  I
think the problem (or part of it) is because of the fork() call.  There's an
email from myself 2 days ago and one from tomasz on Feb 17th that describes
this.  Maybe that information can help.  Maybe Ben can look if he gets any
errors in /usr/local/koha/log/z3950...log that mention lossing a connection
to MySQL?

Deric