[Koha-devel] call number prefix

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Feb 28 10:59:01 CET 2004

Benedykt P. Barszcz said:
> Hi group,
> I noticed there's a call number prefix while cataloging a book but
> there's no Call Number feature in Koha tables (this is my guess).

It's my understanding that there are three columns in the biblioitems
table that can be used to handle the call number: classification, dewey,
and subclass.  As a real-life example, a book might have a call number of
"JNF 641.5 He," meaning "Juvenile Non-Fiction, Dewey number 641.5,
author's last name starts with 'He'."  In this case the "JNF" would be the
classification, the "641.5" would be the dewey, and the "He" would be the
subclass.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA