[Koha-devel] [important]NEW TRANSLATION TOOL

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 5 05:24:02 CET 2004

MJ Ray a écrit :

> On 2003-12-05 16:57:21 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> I've just commited a new translation tool.
>> Feel free to test it AND IMPROVE IT.
>
> I am sorry to be a little rude, but wouldn't it be better to work on
> splitting templates and texts, rather than building tools to combine
> them?

I don't think so, for at least 2 reasons :
* the Koha project already has existing and working tools / versions.
It's sometimes/usually easier to improve something that exists than
rewrite it from scratch. this translation tool works quite good imho,
and needed only a few hours to be done.
* this translation tools is something like a gettext, but on developper
time, not on execution time. Pro : it's no cpu consumming, & so better
for low-end hardware.

--
Paul POULAIN