[Koha-devel] Koha 2.0.0RC1 is dead. Long live to koha 2.0.0RC2 !!!

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Wed Jan 21 11:35:07 CET 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, MJ Ray wrote:

> On 2004-01-20 13:29:01 +0000 paul POULAIN <paul.poulain at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > The 2.0.x series version is "feature freezed". Only bugs or minor
> > changes
> > will be made in this branch.
>
> This one is not yet completely fixed:
> > * 662 : poor SQL calls, that could be used for SQL injection
> > (security
> > problem)
>
> > KNOWN BUGS :
> > * MARC upload fails silently (in breeding farm) if the file provided
> > is not
> > iso2709 (works fine with a valid file)
> > * autobarcode not calculated even if autobarcode system parameter is
> > set and
> > MARC=on.
> > * the MARC21 english default parameter setup is working, but some
> > librarians
> > reports that some choices are poor. If you use MARC21, tweak some
> > setups to
> > fit your needs.
>
> Are these three the only blockers? Do they have numbers?

I see the following as blockers/critical in bugzilla:
   196 cri P1 user input not checked for HTML tags
   436 cri P2 circulation.pl only partially templated
   662 cri P2 Probable insecure use of prepare()
   293 cri P2 Error Issuing Book - 1

So it looks like we need to get bug reports for all three of Paul's
reports, and work on fixing the 4 above.  Are any of them blockers?  If
not, perhaps we should think about releasing 2.0.0 and targeting 2-3 of
our 7 critical issues for 2.0.1 (hopefully about 1 month after 2.0.0).
That way we could get 2.0.0 out the door (it seems stable enough for a
number of libraries), which might help perk up some of the flagging
interest from libraries and developers who are thinking about putting
effort into improving Koha.

What do you folks think?  Paul?  Chris?  MJR?  Steve?  NPL?  Anyone?

-pate