[Koha-devel] confirmation of z3950 search & import working

Benedykt P. Barszcz kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl
Sat Mar 6 02:41:02 CET 2004

Hi group,
I can now confirm that z3950 search & import IS working here on my setup
of:
Fedora Core 1 (perl and mysql version not modified from the distro
version)

Tt then sounds very promissing for the upcoming 2.0 (clear) version.

But two questions arise:
1. Does admin (or whoever performs cataloging) need to manually export
PERL5LIB and KOHA_CONF env variables as root? Can't a setup script do it
for a site (installation of koha?)

2. In help pane it says that once a record is found in the reservoir
(breeding farm) while a search on a title or isbn is performed, and if
an item (real copy) is added to koha system then that biblio will also
be removed from the reservoir ...? It doesn't happen here on my system.
A second search on same isbn or title continues to find a biblio in the
reservoir.

Any suggestions?

Benedict