[Koha-devel] SearchMarc.pm

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sun Mar 7 07:10:01 CET 2004

A couple of comments to Paul -- (SH)

paul POULAIN said:
> 2 modify it to add "seealso" feature. With see also, you can define in
> MARC parameters other fields that can be searches when the 1st is asked.
> For example : author (200$a => also search 701$a, 702$a, 703$a)
> It's what Joshua speaks about when he says :
>
> "For instance, rather than using Koha's title table to retrieve title
> information for display
> on the results screen I would like to grab: 245a, b, h, 246a, 295c"

That's not quite what Joshua meant, or at least he wouldn't call it
"seealso" (if I may speak for him).  Joshua meant that all of those tags
and subfields have to be searchable when the user does a title search.  In
English librarian lingo, "see also" means that if a user searches for
"subject_1" there's a "See also" note with a link to "related_subject_2."
I think that's actually more like your "thesaurus" capability, isn't it
Paul?  (I have to admit I don't really understand how the thesaurus
works.)

> Those 2 are done & commited a few minuts ago.
> 3 modify search to add "order by feature". the order must be choosen in
> a biblio or biblioitem field.

And even though Paul already knows this, we have to also handle the
"non-filing" characters in MARC titles somehow so that the order-by
feature puts "The World Book" in the "W's" and not the "T's."

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com