[Koha-devel] Katipo style number validation

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Mar 19 07:51:00 CET 2004

On 2004-03-15 08:54:55 +0000 T & J Kotula <tjkotula at paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> Could someone point me to what would need to be done to include
> "Katipo"
> checksum validation of the barcode field on the
> /cgi-bin/koha/acqui.simple/additem.pl page.

Edit additem.pl below the "check for item barcode" comment to call
checkdigit($$$) from C4::Input and push onto @errors if it fails. Set
nounique on the call, depending whether members and books can have the
same barcode. Probably C4::Input and the parameters interface could be
extended if this is a common desire. File an "enhancement" bug report
at http://bugs.koha.org/ if so.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at