[Koha-devel] Bug importing MARC records?

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Mar 20 04:23:11 CET 2004

This discussion may have moved off-list, but I want to be sure Edward
figures this out ('cause I'm curious):

Chris Cormack said:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 08:54:11PM -0500, Edward M. Corrado said:
>> I was logged in (and ran the script) as root.
>>
>> Edward
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Stephen Hedges wrote:
>>
>> > Edward, it looks like the error is caused when the program tries to
>> lock
>> > the MARC tables.  That doesn't stop the data from loading, but would
>> be a
>> > problem in a production environment.  Just out of curiousity, how are
>> you
>> > logged in?  (as kohaadmin? as root? as some other user?)
>> >
> Hi all
>
> My guess is that the kohaadmin user doesnt have permission to lock the
> tables in mysql.
> Do you know how to check the mysql permissions Edward?
>
> Chris

To check permissions, connect to mysql and issue the following command
from the "mysql>" prompt:
show grants for kohaadmin at localhost;

You should get something like this back:
GRANT SHOW DATABASES, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON *.* TO
'kohaadmin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '5c6f1ab3038094f4'

If you don't see "LOCK TABLES" in the list, then it's possible that
something is wrong with your mysql install.  Try upgrading the grant
tables (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Upgrading-grant-tables.html) to see if
that fixes things.  If it doesn't, then we need to dig deeper...

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com