[Koha-devel] Is MARC support in Koha only partial?

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Tue May 4 10:55:06 CEST 2004

Benedykt P. Barszcz said:
> Hi list,
> I just saw the following web page:
> http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdlist.html
>
> ... and I am thinking to myself that perhaps Koha doesn't support all
> the fields, subfields and indicators that are present in MARC21.
> I base my assumption on the fact that marc_tag_structure and
> marc_subfield_structure tables do not have them all there.

All you need to do is put them in there when you define your own MARC tag
structure.  Koha keeps everything in every MARC record you load in the
marc_subfield_table, so it's all there.  The structure tables just tell
Koha which MARC information you want to see when you edit or catalog

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com