[Koha-devel] (Fwd) Re: Koha

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon May 17 14:24:07 CEST 2004

From:           	"Malik Karachiwalla" <malik at blueroomonline.com>
To:             	<rachel at katipo.co.nz>
Subject:        	Re: Koha
Date sent:      	Mon, 17 May 2004 15:07:30 +0300

Hello,

I am a volunteer to set up a small community library in Mombasa, Kenya -
probably 100 users and maybe 1000 or so books.  I came across the Koha
project whilst researching what program to use to administer the library.

The funding for this library is very limited and relies almost 100% on
donations.  That is why I am considering Koha and also why I would like to
install it on Linux Operating system.

As far as computers are concerned, we have two 486-sx units with 32MB RAM.
Would these work?  If not, what minimum config would you suggest?

Would you or anyone be able to assist me set it up?  I have limited
knowledge of linux - most of what I know I learnt from setting up a firewall
(www.smoothwall.org <http://www.smoothwall.org/> ).  I think that with
instructions over email or from the net, I may be able to set this up (and then
maybe even assist other libraries who'd like to install Koha ;) ).

I would appreciate any help that you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Malik Karachiwalla

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org