[Koha-devel] Additional item information

Andrés Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Thu Nov 4 11:18:08 CET 2004

Our current library system holds in one of its database many information
specific to the item This information is mostly about who asked for the
the item , who autorized it, where was purchased, how much we paid for
.... . We're mapping this information to free subfields in the 952 field
(we use it for koha-marc item mapping). On the other side our librarians
are intraducing manually a few books in order to gain experience with
Koha. They pointed out us that they can't load this subfields.

We've been investigating and found out that only the fields that have a
mapping in the non-marc (koha.item table) database are requested for a
new item or biblio. We need to keep this information,is badly needed for
our librarians.

We're asking  for your advice. One Possible solution is adding our
needed fields in the koha.item table, but we're aware that we will open
from the mainstream development, we're willing to contribute back our
changes; but we think that they could be useless for most koha users.
Thanks in advance

Andres