[Koha-devel] mysql conection problem

Ernesto Silva - Webmaster silva at ort.edu.uy
Mon Nov 15 04:20:06 CET 2004

Hi,
	we are using koha version 2.1.2 and after some time (the weekend) we
can't login with the kohaadmin user. The apache logs claims the following:

DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: MySQL server has gone away at
/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Context.pm line 361.

and Context.pm sais:

sub preference
{
         my $self = shift;
         my $var = shift;                # The system preference to return
         my $retval;                     # Return value
         my $dbh = C4::Context->dbh;     # Database handle
         my $sth;                        # Database query handle

         # Look up systempreferences.variable==$var
                 SELECT  value
                 FROM    systempreferences
                 WHERE   variable='$var'
                 LIMIT   1
EOT
         return $retval;
}

Aparently the database conection is lost, any ideas?

WARN: we are using mod_perl !!!! (with quite a performance improvement)

Some of the database settings...

key_buffer = 64M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 256
sort_buffer_size = 1M
net_buffer_length = 64K
interactive_timeout = 240
wait_timeout = 240
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 16M

Regards,

--
Ernesto Silva  -  Webmaster  -  Universidad ORT Uruguay
Cuareim 1451.

Email: silva at ort.edu.uy

"Men and nations will act rationally
   when all other possibilities have been exhausted."

      Katz law.