[Koha-devel] OPAC ideas

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Mon Nov 15 08:46:10 CET 2004

One thing I think would go a long way towards making Koha's
OPAC really great:

Right now we've got two really good features in the OPAC:  the
book basket and virtual shelves (virtual shelves still need
some work).  What we really need to do, I think, is combine
these two things and integrate them better into the OPAC.
Users need the ability to convert their book basket to a
virtual shelf ("Save as Virtual Shelf") for later use.  And
users need the ability to reserve all items in their basket or
on a virtual shelf. (Librarians should have a similar ability
to do bulk reserves for a particular patron from the intranet,
but adding the feature in the OPAC is more important).

If I had the skills I'd do this myself, but I don't.  I really
think that making these changes is an important goal, so I
hope someone will take this on.

-- Owen

----
Web Developer