[Koha-devel] Koha Documentation Structure

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 4 07:54:52 CEST 2004

On 2004-10-04 15:14:33 +0100 Joshua Ferraro <jmf at kados.org> wrote:

> However, I do think we should at least consider the possibility of a
> printed
> manual at some time in the future.  So which license is likely
> not to prevent a publisher from signing on?  Or would we self-publish?

I have seen this debated in a few other groups, most recently
schemecookbook.org. Also, I still have a copy of the book contract I
signed a few years ago (since cancelled before publication) which is a
standard "fill in the gaps" affair. I have not had a book get finished
yet, though...

As far as I can tell, you will not be able to use most publishers'
standard contracts if you are not the copyright holder and have some
content under existing licences.

Debates on this often have people guessing about publishers, which
doesn't really help. There are free-software-friendly publishers like
Network Theory http://www.network-theory.co.uk/ so a free software
licence shouldn't really prevent getting a publisher.

  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk