[Koha-devel] Koha & UNICODE

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Oct 12 01:15:26 CEST 2004

Hi,

i'm "speaking" with a french library that is highly interested by Koha,
but needs absolutely UNICODE support.

They ask me what wil it "cost" to add unicode support. They may involve
a developper to add this, (or maybe fund).

Does anyone have an opinion on this ? Do we have to use utf16 or is utf8
possible ?
For me, it means :
* rewrite all templates in utf
* parse all perl scripts for unicode support (what does it means exactly
? i'm not sure. chapter 15 of Perl Programming is not enough for me)
* dump non utf DB & reload it in utf (specifis pragmas in mySQL)
* other things ?

Thanks for more infos

--
Paul POULAIN