[Koha-devel] Itemsprices table

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Sun Oct 17 19:44:07 CEST 2004

Hi

>> Hi,
>>     I was wondering what's "itemprices" table for, it has 3 fields:
>>
>> itemnumber
>> price1
>> price2
>>
>> I'm using koha version 2.1.2.

I would *think* but am not sure, that this is information used in the
full acquisitions mode - I will need to hear from Chris to be sure.

In full acquisitions you record serveral different pieces of price
information....

1/. The list price of an item (ie what it says you will pay in the
catalogue)

2/. The actual price you paid  - which for us here in NZ is often
different because of the vagaries of international exchange rates etc

3/. The Replacement Price - the amount that would be charged to a patron
who looses a book  - usually the recomended retail price.

I'm not sure if these relate, but that's what I'd *expect* an itemprices
table to be for

Cheers
Rachel

>> regards
>

> It's useless it seems :
> [paul at bureau koha]$ grep -R "itemsprices" *
> misc/koha.mysql:# Structure de la table `itemsprices`
> misc/koha.mysql:CREATE TABLE itemsprices (
>
> Just used in the DB definition nowhere else ...
> (also, look at db scheme, on the wiki, it's in the "dropable tables ???"
> list)

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org