[Koha-devel] Clarification of jargon & tidying up

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Mon Sep 20 16:11:11 CEST 2004

> > * what is "Biblio"?  A bibliographic record?
> > * What do "biblionumber" and "biblioitemnumber" refer
> > to?

Biblionumber refers to the unique identification number of a
record in the biblio table in the database.  This table
contains the most 'general' information about a particular
title:  title, author.  biblioitemnumber *might* refer to the
id number of a record in the biblioitems table, which contains
the next level of information: isbn, publication year, number
of pages.  It *could* also refer to 'biblio item number,'
which would refer to the id of a record in the items table--
where the last level of detail is kept, with barcode number,
branch code, etc.  It can be very confusing!

> > A slightly more labor intensive change would be to use
> > more CSS for layout in the future versions
>
> There are CSS-based templates for OPAC. I'm not sure about
> intranet.

The NPL intranet templates for version 2.0 are CSS-based.
There are also new CSS-based templates for the latest pre-
release version, developed by Paul and replacing the current
default templates.

  -- Owen