[Koha-devel] Koha and the Open Archives Initiative Protocol

lars at rovaniemelainen.com lars at rovaniemelainen.com
Tue Sep 21 06:30:14 CEST 2004

I did some occasional experimenting with OAI for work 1-4 years ago, but not
much.  From what I recall these two links might be of interest for implementing
OAI in Koha:

	Net::OAI
		http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=Net%3A%3AOAI&mode=dist

	Implementation Guidelines for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol
	 for Metadata Harvesting - Guidelines for Repository Implementers
		http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-repository.htm

These two might also be interesting, but less relevant than the above:

	Implementation Guidelines for the Open Archives Initiative Protocol
	 for Metadata Harvesting
		http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines.htm

	The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
		http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.htm

There was also a recent article on OAI harvesting by Ed Summers "Building
OAI-PMH Harvesters with Net::OAI::Harvester" Ariadne.  Issue 38.  2004
	http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue38/summers/

-Lars

[snip]