[Koha-devel] about leader management

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Aug 1 03:08:02 CEST 2005

Hi koha devs,

I'm working on leader support atm. It works quite well now (on rel_2_2
cvs branch)
I'm waiting for some feedbacks from joshua.

I'm working on 2 plugins that will help the library to fill it.
I work on UNIMARC as well as on MARC21 plugin. I have some questions to
make them as powerful as possible :
* the default values, when the biblio is created. I suggest :
- n (new/creation) for byte 5
- a (printed material) for byte 6
- m (monography) for byte 7
all other bytes being empty.

* when biblio is modified, is it interesting to set byte 5 to c
(Corrected or Revised) automatically ?

* any other suggestion or interesting idea ?

(link to marc21 : http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdldrd.html)

(note : the leader will be in MARC editor in a "virtual field", named
000@, field 000, subfield @, but it's handled as the leader in the MARC
record, of course)
--
Paul POULAIN