[Koha-devel] Website Homepage

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Wed Aug 3 00:48:00 CEST 2005

Sorry, I had failed to test my first suggestion until after posting.  I wish
I could have retracted it moments after it had been sent.  My first
paragraph would have needed to be divided into multiple paragraphs and even
then would not have looked presentable or led the eye quickly enough to the
elements appearing afterwords.  There is too much empty space at the top of
the page and the style sheet is not flexible enough for most of my first
paragraph to have come close to working even if subdivided.  I retract the
mini feature list and other verbose elements of my original first paragraph
suggestion.  As I had written originally, there would be better way to
convey this information in a new website design.

Additionally, my non-breaking spaces were attached to the wrong end of
adjacent words.

Here is my suggested revised first paragraph.  I do stand by my previous
suggestions for everything prior to and after the first paragraph.

Developed initially in New Zealand by Horowhenua Library Trust and Katipo
Communications Ltd. and first deployed in January 2000.&nbsp; It is
currently maintained and continuously developed by a team of software
providers and library technology staff from around the globe.&nbsp; Koha
offers a full-featured ILS including integrated acquisitions, cataloguing,
online public access catalogue (OPAC), circulation, and administration
modules.&nbsp; Control the power and freedom of Koha and open source
software yourself at your library.

Thomas D

Quoting Thomas D <koha at alinto.com> :