[Koha-devel] Newer Versions of KOHA -- backing up

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Aug 12 17:16:40 CEST 2005

Bruffey, Mark wrote:
> Ah! It's Zebra, there's a post about it following my post here. Does
> Zebra replace MySQL? Thanks, Mark

Ahh nope,

Zebra complements mysql. Lots of stuff will be stored in mysql still.
All the borrowers data, issues records, accounts data, etc.
The bibliographical data will be stored in mysql and then files that
zebra can index will be generated from that.

So if the mysql database is backed up, you can recreate the zebra index
from that backup if needed.

At least thats my understanding, ill cc the devel list in to make sure I
havent got the wrong end of the stick.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack                                      Katipo Communications
Programmer                                         www.katipo.co.nz