[Koha-devel] Framework authorities setup in MARC21-Problem

Desarrollo Koha koha at elcorro.net
Tue Aug 23 16:26:27 CEST 2005

Hello:
I am involved in a project to migrate a self made ILS system to koha in
the "Conservatorio Superior de Musica de Sevilla (SPAIN)" and we have
some "configuration issues" :-)

We have set up the opac interface for searching at the library, but we
still have the librarian on the old application (with weekly dumps -->
restores into Koha).We have a reasonable method to export data fron the
actual system and import into koha via the bulkmarcimport.pl script.

The problem we have is with the setup of the authorities on the
librarian interface.

I have read "all/most of " the docs we have, but I do not understand how
it works and how to configure the framework.

We need a system to limit authors / subjects / publishers to a
predefined list of values but the "authorised values" is not enogh.

If somebody could point me to a "howto" or some other document y have
not found yet, it will be very appreciated.

Thank you for your help.
Pablo Villanueva