[Koha-devel] question about

Spencer Anspach sanspach at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 05:12:46 CEST 2005

In C4::Biblio.pm, the subroutine MARCmarc2kohaOneField is passed the
current statement handle ($sth) but never uses it.  Can anyone tell me
if this is a left-over artifact of an earlier functionality?  Or an
area of future development?

The reason I ask is that I've implemented non-filing indicators
locally (it is far from elegant, but it works, barely), but in order
to do so I needed the database handle ($dbh) in that subroutine.  The
only subroutine that calls it (MARCmarc2koha) has $dbh, so it wasn't
any problem to change the first parameter being passed from $sth to
$dbh, but I wondered if that was something that was going to break
future planned functionality.

I tried to read through the revision notes and comments, but I didn't
see anything that pertained.  Also, that subroutine isn't exported and
the comments indicate it should only be used by MARCmarc2koha (within
Biblio.pm), so it seemed pretty self-contained and a managable
modification.

Thanks,
Spencer

--
Spencer M. Anspach, Library Systems Analyst/Programmer
Library Information Technology, Indiana University