[Koha-devel] MySQL 5.0 problem

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Dec 3 01:29:51 CET 2005

I've been trying to install Koha with MySQL 5.0, but I get an error when
the installer tries to create the "issues" table.  The problem turns out
to be simple to explain, but harder to fix.

Starting with version 5.0, MySQL treats "return" as a reserved word, and
the "issues" table has a column named "return."  That's what causes the
error.  The easy and immediate fix is to avoid using MySQL 5.0 or higher.
Eventually, however, it would be nice to change the name of this column so
Koha users can use all the features of MySQL 5+.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA
www.skemotah.com  --  shedges at skemotah.com