[Koha-devel] request bulkmarcimport assistance

Bruffey, Mark mbruffey at centralseminary.edu
Wed Feb 2 10:46:02 CET 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hedges [mailto:shedges at skemotah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 11:34 AM
To: Bruffey, Mark
Cc: koha-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] request bulkmarcimport assistance

Mark, I could be wrong about this (and if I am, I hope someone corrects
me quickly!), but if you have two installs, I assume you have two
different paths to Koha:  something like /usr/local/koha and
/usr/local/koha2.

### This is correct. This gives me two bulkmarcimport.pl files, each in
a different directory.

So if you change the PERL5LIB environment variable accordingly, you
should be able to control where the data goes, because Koha will grab
the appropriate "context" from the path you specify.  You might do: #
export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules
to load records in one install, and
# export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha2/intranet/modules
to load records into the other install.

### Or, perhaps I could place the correct ../modules statement in each
of my two separate bulkmarcimport.pl scripts, and run the desired script
for the desired database? However, it appears to me that when
bulkmarcimport.pl runs, even if the modules directory is identified
correctly, something is causing the data to go to
/var/lib/mysql/"anydir" whereas I want it to go somewhere else of my
choosing. How do I set that path and how do I enable koha to locate it?

You'd need to take out any "use lib "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules";"
statement that you might have added to bulkmarcimport.pl

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA