[Koha-devel] How delete records?

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Wed Feb 2 15:02:30 CET 2005

Bruffey, Mark said:
> I want to delete all the records from the database with which I'm
> experimenting. How do I do that? Thanks, Mark

Oddly enough, you run bulkmarcimport.pl, only with the -d option:
# ./bulkmarcimport.pl -d

As to the context problem you're having (getting the records to load in a
different database), I finally took a look at the Context.pm
documentation.  Here's what it says:

"When a Koha script runs, it makes use of a certain number of things:
configuration settings in /etc/koha.conf, a connection to the Koha
database, and so forth. These things make up the context in which
the script runs.

This module takes care of setting up the context for a script:
figuring out which configuration file to load, and loading it, opening
a connection to the right database, and so forth.

Most scripts will only use one context. They can simply have

  use C4::Context;

at the top.

Other scripts may need to use several contexts. For instance, if a
library has two databases, one for a certain collection, and the other
for everything else, it might be necessary for a script to use two
different contexts to search both databases. Such scripts should use
the set_context and restore_context functions, below.

By default, C4::Context reads the configuration from
/etc/koha.conf. This may be overridden by setting the KOHA_CONF
environment variable to the pathname of a configuration file to use."

So it sounds like you would need to do #export KOHA_CONF=/etc/<whatever
your koha.conf is called> before you run builkmarcimport.pl

If you have the perldoc module installed, you should be able to navigate
to your C4 directory and do "perldoc Context.pm" to see all the
documentation for the Context module.

HTH.

Stephen

--