[Koha-devel] Search and Install bugs in Koha2.2RC5

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jan 3 08:52:04 CET 2005

T & J Kotula a écrit :
> Just installed Koha2.2 for the first time. Looks great.
> 1. There is a typo in koha.upgrade, after it copies OPAC interface to
> /usr/local/opac/cgi-bin, the script reportes an error: "Use of uninitialized
> value in concatenation (.) or string at Install.pm line 1656". I was trying
> to upgrade 2.0 to 2.2RC5.

mmm... i'm not sure wether this is a problem or not. and I don't see
where is the typo. could you give me some hints ?

> 2. On a MARCdetail.pl screen, when I hit any search button (the ones with
> magnifying glass icons) I get an internal server error :-(. The error log is
> a rather long, see below.

I knew. It's fixed.

> 3. I'm also having problems installing 2.2RC5 from scratch. After typing in
> mysql root password, the installer script bombs out with a message "Error
> 1054 at line 1. Unknown column 'lock_tables_priv' in 'field list'" followed
> by "Access denied for user to database Koha". It installed fine when I
> removed 'lock_tables_priv' from insert statement in Install.pm.

You are not the 1st to report the problem. I've rolled back to previous
behaviour. the lock_tables_priv exists only in recent versions of mysql
(seomthing like 4.x)
And the "grant all to ..." does not work in early versions of Koha too.

So there is no simple solution to this problem.
Should be better to have lock_tables_priv problem on bulkmarcimport for
libraries that will use this on recent mySQL servers.
--
Paul POULAIN