[Koha-devel] Somemore koha.upgrade problems

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 4 09:29:50 CET 2005

Klaus Weidenbach a écrit :
> Hei,
>
> I am still trying to upgrade to 2.2.0RC4 with the koha.upgrade script but it
> seems that there are several things not working. I will try to present some
> of the things I have noticed:
>
> 1. Wrong version number
> "WELCOME TO THE KOHA UPGRADER
> You are attempting to upgrade from Koha 2.2.0RC4 to ."
>
> The version number is wrong. "2.2.0RC4" should be after "to" and before should
> be the old version number. I think the problem is in line 17 of the updater
> skript, because you take the kohaversion from 'cat koha.version' and this
> file is in the RC4 source folder, so it is the new version number, but it is
> used in line 26 as first argument and 'newversion' seems to be empty. I think
> in line 17 it should be "newversion" and you need to take the old version
> number from the config file, but in my koha.conf the version number is empty.
> *hmmmmm*

You're right. I've modified the string : it now say :
"You are attempting to upgrade to Koha 2.2.0."

> 2. Under "INSTALLING FILES"
> at the end of the copying I get this message:
> "Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at Install.pm line
> 1655."
> Well, I am not sure what is the problem there and if this is related with my
> last problem.

fixed in RC5 I think. I don't see any warning now.

> 3. "MARC FIELD DEFINITIONS"
> I am choosing the default "Marc21" and then I get this message:
> ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'bibliotek at localhost' (Using password: NO)
> User and host names are right, but there should be a password. In the
> koha.conf is the password, but I don't know why it is not used.

hehe... you didn't read well what was on screen :
***********************************
You can import MARC settings for:
1 MARC21
2 UNIMARC
N none

NOTE: If you choose N, nothing will be added, and you must create them
all yourself. Only choose N if you want to use a MARC format not listed
here, such as DANMARC. We would like to hear from you if you do.

UPGRADE : If you UPGRADE your version from a previous 2.x.x, the right
choice here is N (None) to preserve your local MARC setup.
I put some *** around UPGRADE to make this more clear ;-)

> Sorry, I cannot give so much help with Perl at the moment. I have just worked
> once short with Perl quite some time ago, but not really much and I think it
> will take some time before I get in it.

No prob, a bugreport is usefull even without the patch ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN