[Koha-devel] upgrade script and config file....

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Thu Jan 6 00:08:03 CET 2005

Heihei,

I have reported some time ago that I had a problem with the 'koha.conf' file
and the koha.upgrade script if the config file is not in the default
destination. I got the hint here that I should do:
$ export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/koha.conf
before running the update script. Well, I tried it today with the 2.2.0
release, but it is not working. Just took a short look on the script and I
think this KOHA_CONF will never get read *gg* The method 'loadconfigfile' in
the 'Install.pm' will just read $etcdir, so there is no other way than
modifying the path to my koha.conf file in the 'koha.upgrade' script, isn't
it? Still wishing a command line option for this somehow, or well at least a
warning if the koha.conf file couldn't get found, because the database backup
will fail anyway or a hint that you need to set the path to it somewhere
first if you not installed into the default destination would maybe help
quite a lot already. ;))
Thanks!!!

Oh the translation files look now different from RC5 and I think I will try
again soon if I got it installed. Thanks! =))

Regards,
Klaus

--
take care!