[Koha-devel] Owen, about some of your commits

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Jan 14 00:22:19 CET 2005

Hi owen et al,

I've seen your commits.

Most of them are both in rel_2_2 and HEAD.
Except the nice member-quick-search.pl, that is in HEAD only.
As this seems to me a nice feature, and does not affect DB stability, I
think you should commit it in rel_2_2 too.

My opinion as Release Maintainer about rel_2_2 / HEAD :
* if something changes a lot the DB & code => in HEAD, without any doubt.
* if something improves a feature or add a minor one (like
member-quick-search) => in rel_2_2 undoubtfully too.

For other cases (minor change in the DB or major feature), I think the
best way is to ask me (on koha-dev). Depending on the common interest
for the idea, we can decide :
* to put it in HEAD
* to put it in HEAD until it's stable enough then backport it to rel_2_2
* to put it in rel_2_2. This last case meaning a new official 2.2.x will
not be release 1 or 2 days after the commit, to have enough time to test
it ;-)

I begin immediatly by asking the list in another mail on a requested
feature done by a french library.
--
Paul POULAIN