[Koha-devel] Requested feature (biblio title order)

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sun Jan 16 06:24:09 CET 2005

Paul POULAIN said:
> In 2.2, when you order a search by title, stopwords at the beginning are
> still used in the ordering.
<snip>
> Do we think it's an important feature that could be in 2.2.x or not ?

I think this is a _very_ important feature to add.

Months ago, we made a quick (and crude) change to the 2.0.0 opac software
for NPL, so that titles would display in the 'correct' order -- "The Big
Bang" and "A Big Bang" display next to each other in a title-order list.
This is the expected behavior for an English-language OPAC.  We'll
probably make the same change to the 2.2.0 opac software before NPL starts
using it in production.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges