[Koha-devel] New Koha Logo

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jan 19 20:33:13 CET 2005

HI All

Thanks for the feedback - lovely :-)

OK Here is what I've "got" out if it, and what my logo plans are, so
please shout if your situation isn't covered,....

1/. I'll do a series of logos on colours.....
- black on white
- white on black
- black on grey/neutral
- black on green
- black on teal - so that can just put onto Pauls current page etc

I could do a range of primaries too - blue, yellow, red if you think
that would be helpful - because while I can do them with transparent
background they do still get a bit of dithering on a coloured background
I think

2/. I'll put up the file so that anyone with the skills/programme can
download it and put it on their background of choice and their words of
choice

3/. I'll do one without any words underneath, so that it is as simple as
possible for translation....

3/. I'll do a variation with the "library system" words for use in
"english"

4/. I would like to do a version which is "free library system" in
french, if you send me the correct wording/spelling for that - we think
that would be pretty cute :-)

5/. You can put your own words under "koha" to suit your situation that
is fine

6/. I've done an example page of how I think the logo stuff could be
used with the new features etc....

http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album103/opac_home_concept_teal
http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/album103/opac_concept_home_review

And of course snuck in some new functionality while I was at it :-)

7/.

 > but please make a logo available under a free software
 > licence ASAP (GPL?) so that I can localise it as needed, like as
 > part of the koha release.

I need some help on the whole "what license thing" - the situation I'm
least keen on, is say the "egg" being associated with some other
product/company name - ie becoming dissociated from Koha and attached to
something else.  IS that covered by the GPL type license?

And I really wouldn't like the egg and the koha text to say be taken
over by say www.koha.com - which I'm pretty sure is a bunch of hockey
players.  SO is that covered as well?

I'm completely calm with the logo being used in whatever medium etc for
the promotion of Koha - and changing colours/sizes - sticking in/over
things etc is all fine (although I'll let you know if I see one that's
ugly :-)

SO I'll take your advice/thoughts on that. Am I being paranoid?  Is this
achievable etc etc.

I'm not interested in protecting the logo for *katipo* but I really
would like to protect it for *koha* - does that seem possible?

Cheers
Rachel