[Koha-devel] how can i change kohaadmin's password???

Partha Mukhopadhyay psm_vu at india.com
Sat Jan 29 23:46:52 CET 2005

Hello friends

I did it in KOHA 2.0 (stable) windows ver. I copied sample200 db with  tabl es a nd data in a separate db and deleted all data from there by using sql commands.Then I alloted the rights exclusively to a mysql user created by me (it requires mysql root password but initially mysql don't provide any password). Finally , I changed the user and db entry in koha.conf file by replacing koha and sample200 with the new password and database name respectively.

If you are not familiar with mysql command, you can  use  mysqlyog a gui freeware to manage mysql databases and users.

Best regards

Partha S. Mukhopadhyay
Lecturer, Dept. of Library & Information Sc.
Vidyasagar University
WB, India