[Koha-devel] Authorities reporting to one tag only?

Tümer Garip tgarip at neu.edu.tr
Tue Jul 26 14:23:15 CEST 2005

I am using koha2.2.2b on a windows machine.

It took me while to figure out how to work the authority file with
MARC21 and may be I am still not very clear.

I want to use an Authors authority table to report to MARC 100 field  OR
Marc 700 field

That is if I am filling the 100 field (that field being set to be filled
by authority table) searching for an author from the authority table and
getting it works.
However I cannot do the same with 700 field. This I believe is because
the authority-file checks for ‘tag_to_report’ which can only be set to
one tag only.

Is this to mean that for each tag I have to recreate an authority table
which does not sound logical as I will be just duplicating all the same
data?
Am I missing something here? Or is this what is ment to be?

Tumer