[Koha-devel] FreeBSD Port

Dorian Meid dnmeid at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 02:47:37 CEST 2005

Hello Jared,

> My question,
> therefore, is: has anyone ported Koha to the FreeBSD ports system? If
> so, does anyone know how I can get a copy of the Makefile? Also, are
> there any patches that FreeBSD users have found it necessary to apply?

I'm using Koha on Freebsd since Koha v1.x and on FreeBSD v4.7 and 5.3
Originally Koha was developed on Debian as far as I know.
The differences are not to big, mainly there are some different paths,
where things are usually located.
I had no need to adjust code in the main-scripts for the
bsd-installation, but I had to patch the installer a little bit (usage
of `cp`).
I think this patches should be in the actual releases yet as the are
compatible to linux-shells.

--

Dorian Meid