[Koha-devel] 2.2.x roadmap

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Mar 8 07:07:43 CET 2005

Hi,

I would be happy if ppl working on a translation of Koha 2.2 send a mail
on this list to say "hey, i'm working on translation to XXX", and
comment this mail...

I plan to release other 2.2.x & I want to organise the release process.

1- define which translations can be called "officially supported" and
which can be called "not up to date" (french & english being officially
supported. what about chinese ? spanish ? other translations)
To be "officially supported" a translation must be updated often enough.

2- warn translators (through koha-translate) that "a release will be
made in 15 days".

3- Translators have 15 days to update their translation file & commit it
(or send it to me)

4- if a commit occurs between the "release warning", that has something
to do with translations, i send a mail to koha-translate, describing
what has been updated.

5- I generate all translated templates, build the release, test it as
usual (! but in english only), then release it.

all translation files that have been sent to me between the "release
warning" and the public release are called "officially supported". Other
are "not up to date". If a translation is more than 3 releases old, it's
deprecated to "out of date" & removed from public release.
--
Paul POULAIN