[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] It's broke

Nicholas Rosasco nsr at etome.net
Tue Mar 29 20:18:27 CEST 2005

Quoting Chris Cormack <chris at katipo.co.nz>:

> > I can send output from logs, just tell me what you
> > guys want.
> >
> Output from the logs would be great. Thats really the only way we can spot
> whats happening.

Slightly random late night thought:
Would it be worth building a script that would find/gather up, tar+gzip, and put
somewhere consistent the logs and other necessary/useful items (conf files, etc;
maybe also a snapshot "ps" listing to check that Z39 and apache are running, etc
are running) so that it could be tossed around as diagnostic fodder.

This could be one way to provide a remote service relationship (for those
interesting in consulting)....

Advance warning this mayn't have been thought all the way through.

Just a thought,
Nick
..a little groggy.