[Koha-devel] Search ideas - finally in print

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Thu May 19 09:06:45 CEST 2005

MJ Ray said:
> Rachel suggested:
>> http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/koha2-4

(cool, Rachel!)

<snip>
> It may be too slow for koha, though, unless some guru can
> devise a good system of indices.

Speaking of indices...

I've been in touch recently with one of the guys from our old commercial
ILS (Spydus, aka Civica), and he pointed me to one of their recent
installs:
http://dalby.spydus.lgaq.asn.au/spydus.html

If you do a "browse" search for author or title, you can click on a little
arrow and page through the succeeding _and_ preceding(!) authors or titles
in the catalog (alphabetical order).  They can do this because they use
their own indexing, not the SQL indexing.  (Their indexing always was
their best feature.)

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges